“Automation with drive” stands for system solutions from automation to mechanical movement. EMC technology is integrated into KEB’s portfolio and is one of the components that optimise the mains-side or motor-side connection. In practice, EMC technology is integrated into drive controllers, or alternatively implemented as a modular solution for single or combined axes. In addition to ensuring compliance with valid standards, the goal of EMC technology is to ensure maximum operational reliability of machines and systems.
The mains chokes for single-phase or three-phase consumers are universally designed for a frequency range of 45 Hz to 65 Hz, and with a rated current of 1.4 A – 840 A with uk = 4 %.
Mains chokes for rear wall installation in a compact control cabinet design offer an additional option with EMC filter wires that require no additional cabling work.
- Relieve supply cables and transformers
- Optimise harmonics of the mains power supply
- Protect the input rectifier and electrolytic capacitors in the drive controllers and servo drives
- Increase the service life of electrolytic capacitors
KEB’s passive solution for reducing network harmonics. The harmonic filters enable compliance with many international standards. Coordinated 400 V/50 Hz and 480 V/60 Hz solutions reduce the THDi to < 8 % and the PWHD to < 15 %. These harmonic filters, with their innovative internal structure, also offer a high overload capacity up to 150 % and efficiency of > 99 %.
- Compact design
- Ready for connection – no additional wiring necessary
- No tendency to oscillate with dynamic load cycles
- No voltage loss compared to mains chokes
- Multiple parallel consumers per unit possible
- Optimised design for generators in isolated operation
- Protection for drives in “soft” and “overshooting” networks
- Increased service life for intermediate circuit capacitors
- No additional compensation equipment required when systems are updated or expanded
- Reduction of the current load on the machine’s supply cables and the transformer
EMC filters from the E6 series with a rated voltage range of 180V to 528VAC or 150V to 840VDC and a rated current of 12A to 330A are characterised by a high interference suppression level (C1 with motor cable length up to 500m) and a very low leakage current. Therefore, E6 filters are particularly well-suited for use on B and B+ type RCDs. This technology is designed as a central switch cabinet filter, a collective filter, and for interference suppression for individual devices. The series is also available as a sub-mounted version for the COMBIVERT F6 drive controller up to 90 kW (up to Housing 6).
Above, and up to 840A, the standard filter type E4 (Suppression level C2) is available. This filter line is also available as a sub-mounted version for KEB COMBIVERT F6 drive controller up to 315kW (Housing 7 and 8).
Three-wire HF filters
- two-stage central filter for connection three-phase consumers
Four-wire HF filters
- three-stage central filter for connection single and three-phase consumers (three-phase plus neutral wire)
DC HF filters
- For For connecting consumers to a DC supply or a DC network
DC high-frequency (HF) filters are used for suppressing interference from individual devices
This enables larger DC supply networks, as well as DC supply networks spanning a range of machines, to be set up
Interference suppression of individual systems enables motors with longer cable lengths to be operated without disturbing the DC supply network
- Low leakage currents when operated with drive controllers and servo drives
- Compact design in book format with a small mounting surface
- High saturation resistance, designed for shielded motor cable lengths up to 100 m or 300 m
- Operation on AC/DC sensitive RCDs with low triggering level 30/300 mA to protect people and provide fire protection
- High overload capacity
- Wide rated voltage range from 0 V AC to 550 V AC
- Rated currents from 21 A to 650 A
- Space-saving, sub-mounted filter, no additional space required in the control cabinet
- Ready for connection
- High overload capacity
- Compatible with IT supply networks
Output chokes are a cost-effective way to reduce the voltage rise rate (dV/dt) and prevent the winding insulation of three-phase motors from ageing prematurely. The COMBILINE Z1 range is suitable for applications with output frequencies of up to 100 Hz, and the COMBILINE Z2 for output frequencies of up to 1,600 Hz, rated voltages of 400 V AC or 480 V with rated currents of 1.3 A - 800 A.
- Increase the service life of motor windings
- Reduce current ripples and therefore rotor losses in the motor
- Suitable for applications with long motor supply cables (> 30 m)
- Increase total inductance at output
- Optimise the voltage rise rate (dV/dt) of the IGBT
- Reduce the peak value of the current, and relieve the IGBTs in propulsion inverters